"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" - Nelson Mandela

Mission Statement

The mission of Miss Vicky's Children's Education Fund is to finance the airfare from NYC to Cape Town, South Africa for at least one American teacher to donate his/her tutoring services each summer for several weeks to the children and mothers in Khayelitsha Township District "C" and to provide classroom instruction in the local public school to facilitate a learning environment focused on the improvement of overall literacy. Any additional funds raised will be used to establish a dedicated school library for "C" District. Eventually the hope is to provide each child with a school back pack filled with school supplies and their own reading book during the Holidays.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

First Teacher Safely Arrives in Cape Town!

Hi Debra
Tanya arrived safely and I will be taking her to school tommorrow.Let me thank you very much for all what you have done for our kids and our community,you have put Khayellitsha on the map and I hope that this would be the beginning of many good things.When you mentioned this I did'nt know that it can be possible.We appreciate all what you and all the people who have contributed to this.
I love you all,I will keep you updated
Love
Vicky



From: Debra Lynn Marra
Subject: Books arrive?
To: "Vicky Ntonzini" <vickysbandb@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, July 17, 2009, 5:13 PM

Dear Vicky:
Did the cartons of books arrive yet? I have a garage full of donated books which I am trying to get shipped over by a company that buys South African wines. If I can get enough books, how can you get a space for a library? Could we build a cinder block building near you?
Regards,
Debra

No comments: