"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" - Nelson Mandela

Mission Statement

The mission of Miss Vicky's Children's Education Fund is to finance the airfare from NYC to Cape Town, South Africa for at least one American teacher to donate his/her tutoring services each summer for several weeks to the children and mothers in Khayelitsha Township District "C" and to provide classroom instruction in the local public school to facilitate a learning environment focused on the improvement of overall literacy. Any additional funds raised will be used to establish a dedicated school library for "C" District. Eventually the hope is to provide each child with a school back pack filled with school supplies and their own reading book during the Holidays.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Hi Everyone,

Today, Fran and I said our goodbyes to the children and staff at Vusamanzi Primary School.  What a beautiful send off they gave us.  I visited all the classrooms and the children blew kisses and said how much they love me.  It was so special.

The principal and staff surprised Fran and I with a lovely program in tribute to the work we have accomplished at their school.  There were speeches, songs, and even some sweet treats.  I was so overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness and generosity.  I can't believe how grateful they were for the help and the compliments they showered on us.

I leave with joy in my heart coupled with a sadness since I know how much they are suffering yet their spirits are so uplifting and inspiring.

Thanks to everyone that made this trip possible.  Fran and I are grateful to serve in your name.

Fondly,
Laura and Fran

No comments: